6 December 2013
I've made a start on the gallery wall for the dining room. First thing to do is pull together all of the prints and picture frames I have tucked away in various places around the cottage. Next thing to do was take over the dining room table.
I want to pull everything together and then work out placement on the table before they go up on the wall. I'll have to use the sticky tabs with the velcro to put the frames up because the walls are masonite and your regular picture hook don't go in the wall
I seem to have lots of small frames of various colours and shapes but I will need to look out for larger frames. I'm thinking of white, black, grey and bronze frames - I just need to a few A4 and larger frames to get started.
I few of the images you can see like the spot shoes is something I found online but I can't remember where I found it and then printed it out at high quality on the printer and then cut down to size.
I've even got a few prints that I've purchased over the years that are still rolled up waiting… and waiting… I promise to have you up on the wall before the end of the year.
3 December 2013
Well work has begun on the toilet. I've managed to put the first coat of undercoat on the walls and ceiling before I decided that the new toilet needs to go in before I continue painting.
The next day I emailed my plumber (the same guy who did the kitchen and laundry - great guy!) and organised a day for him to come over and finally remove the old and put in the new.
I mentioned previously that I was given a brand new porcelain toilet from my uncle which has been sitting in the garage for a couple of months. Well now thanks to Dad it's sitting in the entry ready and waiting for the plumber who is booked in at 7:30am this Thursday.
Say goodbye to the black lid (do you hear that sis!).
Then I can get back to work and finish the room - I think I'm looking at 3 coats of the undercoat to completely cover that lovely orange.
2 December 2013
I loved how the stain turned out that it got me thinking what would it look like all the drawer fronts were stained but I think that might be a bit much so the plan is to darken the stain on the bottom drawer and leave the top one as is.
And of course this will be a mid-week project… I do love working on something during the week.
I'll be back with the after soon.