1 October 2013

the one... with a sneak peek at the tiles

I had written another post for today which I will share with you soon because I just couldn't wait to share photos of the kitchen splash back.

Just to take you back a wee bit, I had shared with you where the kitchen progress was at and how it has been that way for a few months now.  You see I kept going back and forth between tile option 1 and tile option 2.  After F I N A L L Y making a decision to go with the white subway tiles I headed out to do some shopping and found another decision was needed when it came to selecting the 'right' grey grout - I didn't realise there would be so many options.




I now have the tiles and the grout is on order - just waiting for the call so I can go and pick it up.


Now the fun can begin and I do mean fun!  I'm having a ball.

Placing that first tile on the wall was very exciting.  I have never tiled before but knew I could tackle the diy job myself - why the hell not!

I'm about halfway across the wall.


The only downside is that I can't/won't use the stove until after I grout.  I don't want any splatter marks on the new tiles.

OK I should get back to the job.  I'll be back soon with full diy details and the big kitchen reveal.

Lisa xo

8 comments:

  1. Well done! That looks fantastic already!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps Ness. I'm pretty happy with them. Lisa xo

      Delete
  2. Love your kitchen! and the splashback tile! both grey and white subway tiles are on the maybe list for my kitchen too. Cant wait to see it once you have the grout in there, is going to look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby. I liked the clean classic look of the subway tile and then I can add my splash of colour in the accessories. Lisa xo

      Delete
  3. Looks great so far, Lisa! Looking forward to the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl tiling yourself Im so impressed and love the tiles too :) Its going to look amazing

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...